Code of Conduct
The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to encourage, strengthen and uphold each other to live and proclaim the Gospel faithfully and with boldness. It is therefore necessary for each one of us to live with integrity and openness, knowing that we are responsible to God for how we keep our promises and live our lives.
Each W.S. Associate promises to live in full agreement with this code of conduct:
- I will seek to live a life that honors God and speaks of his glory.
- I will live faithfully according to the standard that the Bible presents.
- I will commit to a regular time of personal Bible Study, prayer and worship.
- I will practice servant style leadership.
- I will abstain from biblically immoral practices including; drunkenness, stealing, slanderous or profane language, dishonesty, occult practices and sexual sins (premarital sex, pornography, adultery and homosexuality) or any other behavior that is considered detrimental to Christian character and witness.
- I will avoid attitudes (such as greed, jealousy, pride, bitterness, needless anger and discrimination) and behavior (such as gossip, divisiveness and complaining) that disrupts the unity and health of the seminary.
- I will open my life to mentoring and accountability.
- I will be faithful to my spouse as I vowed to be.
- I will avoid getting into compromising situations, reading written material, or watching productions that might influence me to negate on my vows to my spouse or could raise questions about my integrity.
- I will honor the Christian marriage between one man and one woman.
- I will honor the historic Christian position regarding the sanctity of life.
- I will recognize my unity with all confessing Christians regardless of their denomination or tradition.
- I will love people, regardless of any circumstance or struggle they may be going through.
- I will respect the confidentiality that is expected from me when people share their needs. I will also make sure that others are aware of the limitations of confidentiality, with specific reference to potentially conflicting ethical or unlawful acts.
- I adhere, without reservation, to the stated beliefs of Woodlands Church.